We have temporary jobs available all through the year in a variety of roles, ranging from crop preparation, through to fruit harvesting and packing. Due to the nature of the work available there are no set or standard hours of work. You will not be guaranteed a minimum number of hours each week and in a particular week you may receive no work at all from the employer.
For manual harvesting work (fruit picking) you do not need to have experience, but you should understand that this is physically demanding work and involves bending and lifting. You will be expected to pick to targets to maintain your employment. We would advise you not to apply if you have recently suffered an accident or sporting injury resulting in weakness of your limbs, as you will be required to carry loads of over 10 kg for up to 200 meters.
Most of our participants have a very rewarding experience, enjoy the hard work and the money they earn, whilst meeting and making new friends from different countries.
If you are aged between 18 and 25 you will be paid in line with the National Minimum Wage in England (From 1st of April 2020 £8.20 per hour), or If you are aged 25 and over you will be paid in line with the National Living Wage in England (From 1st of April 2020 £8.72 per hour).
Picking fruit is based on piece rates. Your pay depends on the weight of the fruit that you harvest, and is in accordance with the National minimum wage legislation.
Piece rate payment system for field working “The more you pick the more you earn”.
Currently our pickers earn between £350 – £500 per week*.
*These figures are for guidance only and are not legally binding, no guaranteed earnings implied or given.
Your pay will be subject to UK Tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) legislation just like any other worker in the UK. You may be able to reclaim some of the tax back that you have paid when you leave the country (subject to individual circumstances and earnings).
Terms & Conditions
The conditions under which Place UK Ltd accept bookings incorporate all the details set out on this website and include the following conditions:
- Should you wish to cancel your booking once your employment has been confirmed your Damage Deposit payment will be returned to you in full if payment was made through PayPal or a UK bank transfer. Damage Deposits returned via international bank transfers will be subject to additional bank charges. (International Bank Charges are set by individual banks, refer to independent bank website for up to date prices) All requests for refunds must be claimed in writing within 3 months of the initial transaction.
- The accommodation is made available on the International Farm Camp by the Company as workers accommodation, and the Company therefore reserve the right to request that those participants not working leave the Camp.
- Applicants wishing to opt out from the Additional Facilities membership can do so by informing the Camp Office.
- Participants will look after their own money and property and will not hold R & J M Place Ltd, Place UK Ltd, Tunstead IFC Ltd, Tunstead International Farm Camp Club or any of its parent or subsidiary businesses or any of their employees responsible for any loss of property or money or sickness, or injury to persons or any other loss whatsoever; save only if and in so far as, such damage or loss is caused by the negligence or breach of duty of the International Farm Camp, the Club, the Company itself or its employees acting within the course of employment.
- Participants living on site are required to keep the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. Participants are expected to comply with the simple rules laid down for the smooth running of the Camp, disregards of which will result in dismissal. Full induction of the Camp rules will be provided upon arrival.
- Any participants acting unlawfully, stealing from shops, acting in a racial offensive manner or behaving in a way which may cause annoyance to other people, will be dismissed from the camp.
- The Camp Management reserve the right in conjunction with the Police authorities to search any locker or participants luggage.
- Participants arriving by car or purchasing a car whilst staying at the Camp are required to abide by the Company’s Car Policy, a copy of which will be given to you on arrival, and provide the office with evidence of a valid Insurance certificate together with proof of vehicle tax and a Ministry of Transport (MOT) certificate if applicable.
- Participants are reminded that their pay will be subject to paying Income Tax and National Insurance.
- With agreement, accommodation charges will be deducted from your wages where possible.
- Participants details maybe disclosed to government departments.
- The Company reserves the right to amend their prices and the additional facilities it offers with or without prior notice.